keskiviikko 3. elokuuta 2011

So went the ECs

I've been a bit lazy lately, but I doubt anyone really noticed.
I was playing in European junior championships. Didn't do so well, not that it was expected. Was fun and taught me a lot more about tournament playing. Midway I also got dehydrated and overheated and my game was totally out of the window. Took a day of and got myself together and also played quite well on my part for the rest of the matches.

I have no great tales from the bridge table other than that we finally got thanks from the swedes for beating Norway, letting them get ahead by 2 vps. We managed to miss all our slams (only 2 or 3 though) and one we bid I played in wrong strain and went down. But now I have a plan how to get to declare when partner opens 3NT minor pre-empt, 4D shortness ask + 6C.

This one deal I will bring up, mainly as an advertise. It was our last deal against Italy and pretty much the only deal where system managed to make difference.

                  Qxx
                  KJxxx
                  xxx
                  Kx
KJx                        Axxx
xxx                         x
AKJx                     Qxxx
QJx                        T8xx
                 T9x
                 AQxx
                 xx
                 Axxx

This is of course for the garbage stayman MSS twist. I sat east and after partner opened 1NT (15-17), I was very well placed to ask for majors. Over 2S I would have invited, over 2D and 2H I'm bidding 2S, nf minor suit stayman. I ended up playing 2S and made it easily, though with correct defense I think it could be hard.
Other table played totally hopeless 1NT. 5 imps for the good guys.

Btw, I've been tinkering with transfer walsh in Polish club. I guess I get back to wacky system writing.

1 kommentti:

  1. I'm sure Chalcraft has missed you greatly. If you are interested in wacky systems then Andre and I have a canape system with a Swedish(ish) Club: 12-14 Bal or any 17+ which we've had pretty good success with. I do like this NF MSS although I haven't used it as of yet.

    - dude2010

    VastaaPoista